LEADERSHIP AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT
We typically help people develop and learn as part of our consulting engagements in order to make sure that any work or improvements we do for a clients sticks. This can range from simple on-the-job collaboration sessions during projects, over individualized advisory and development sessions, to more formalized training programs for larger groups of employees.
The formal leadership development programs we engage in typically relate to two specific groups. The first group is experienced leaders who does not have much formal or recent training in best-practice leadership tools and techniques. The second group is new and promising leadership talent, where most of them do not yet have direct reports, but who needs to develop their leadership skills in order to be made ready to take leadership positions within a company with direct personnel responsibilities.
The key principles we use for formal training engagements are:
- Planning the initiative
- Identify the needs of the business/top-management and specify what value-add the leadership development program needs to deliver to directly support the company strategy. We use a Leadership KPI model to accomplish this.
- Clearly identify what specific improvements in skills, competences and knowledge is needed, before training programs are designed. We use a gap analysis for this purpuse.
- Ensure that training is integrated with the daily work of the executives participating in the training. We use the 70%/20%/10% rule to accomplish this.
- Design of content for the initiative
- Learning design is tailor-made based on the needed performance improvement objectives (KPIs), the major performance gaps with the specific target group, and a combination of on-the-job, virtual, and class-room based training.
- No off-the-shelf program are used. Each engagement are tailor-made to the organization at hand based on existing best-practices and modules.
- Only use a scientific and well-proven methodologies for developing and executing our development programs.
- Training content only consist of well-proven science-based best-practice leadership concepts, models and intervention techniques. No alternative or esoteric practices are used.
- All programs are designed to be scalable (= efficient) without sacrificing quality (=effectiveness).
- We focus on value-for-money and don't engage in extravagant spending on training locations, team building activities, or travel expenses.
- Execution of initiative
- We only use senior, formally certified, and very experienced specialists to execute the training. No junior instructors, no self-made specialists, no rudimentary trained instructors with only short educational backgrounds (like coaches), and no instructors who have not themselves had extensive personnel and budgetary leadership experience themselves.
- We always use blended learning techniques
- We do not engage in experimentation during a training program
- Exercises, simulations, role-play and similar interactive learning techniques are used extensively to ensure that participants are able to develop their practical skills based on best-practice knowledge and models.
- We use new technology (like collaboration software, webinars, learning management systems, game/simulation technology etc.) together with personalized face-to-face approaches to maximize outcomes.
- We adjust form, format, timings and length to insure that the initiative fits into organizations current leadership and development program.
- We provide both proof-of completion as well as certification programs.
- Result management of initiative
- We engage personally with each participants to ensure new knowledge and competences translate into improved on-the-job leadership performance improvement.
- We provide tools, follow-up sessions and individual problem-solving advice to solve real-life leadership issues for participants during engagements.
- When allowed, we help organizations track performance improvement and performance problems of participants during and after training initiatives.
- Participant satisfaction and happiness with training does not on its own indicate a successful training program. Changed behaviors, improved leadership KPIs, well-performing motivated employees, and happy top-management/sponsor is our main focus.
If you want to know more about these services then contact us directly for a free advisory session, or go to our educational services part of this website and read more.